Kuala Lumpur Taxi Information
Taxi Fares in Kuala Lumpur City
• Taxi fares in Kuala Lumpur are calculated according to meters.
• The flag-off fare for taxis is RM3.00 and passengers will be charged 10 cents for every 115 meters thereafter.
• For taxis caught in a traffic jam, the fare will be RM3.00 for the first 3 minutes, and 10 cents for every subsequent 21 seconds.
• Other additional charges include actual road toll charges, RM2.00 for telephone bookings, and a 50% surcharge is levied between midnight and 6.00 AM.
• An additional RM1.00 is charged on 3rd adult passenger (max 4) and/or baggage stored in boot.
• Passengers have the right to object if the taxi driver stops to pick up other passengers along the way.
• Outside the city, as well as in other parts of Malaysia, taxis operate on a fixed rate depending on the distance.
Taxi Travelling to Airport
• The Airport limousine taxis (budget or premier) at the LCCT or KLIA operate using a prepaid coupon system.
• Passengers are advised to purchase the coupon at the taxi counters.
• Taxis are adequate and operate on a pre-paid coupon system. •
• Fare from the airport to KL city is about RM50 to RM70 (inclusive of toll charges) depending on exact location.
• Midnight levy of an additional 50% is applicable from 12am to 6am.
• Coupons can be purchased from the counter inside the arrival hall.
• Avoid those suspicious, whispering touts if you are a foreigner.
• To get to LCCT from the Kuala Lumpur city, flag down any cab but be prepared to negotiate. Most taxis wil quote a lump sum instead of using the meter as they claim the higher fare is to cover for the empty trip back since they are not allowed to pick up passengers in the vincinity of the airport. Best to call for a radio cab in advance. Travelling time to and from the heart of the city is about one hour when there is no traffic congestion.
Taxi Travelling Guides
• Never take the taxi that is waiting at the taxi stop especially at top tourist spots. Find a good spot beside of the road to stop a taxi. Taxi driver earn when they move around to pick passenger but not waiting for passenger. They are willing to wait in order to charge higher.
• Always ask the taxi driver to use the meter. If they refuse, just step out of the taxi and wait for another taxi. It is illegal to charge passenger without using the meter.
• Before travel using taxi in KL, make sure you check with your map; how far is your destination so you can estimate your journey. You don’t want the taxi driver take you in circle before send you to your destination. Rules of thumb, anywhere in KL must not exceed RM20.
• All taxi drivers are compulsory to wear clean white shirt, tug in, clean taxi and display your picture, name and taxi number in front of the passenger seat. If you find it differently, just step out and wait for another taxi.
Check Your Taxi Fare Online
Check your taxi fare online from these 3 locations to your destinations:
• Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT)
• Kuala Lumpur Sentral Station
• Hentian Duta, Kuala Lumpur
How To Search with Google Map
• At the bottom left corner, there is a search box where you can key in the address or place that you want to find.The map would open up the locations that you have key in.
Kuala Lumpur Taxi Info
You have comprehensive information about traveling with taxi in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. How's about limo service?